just returned my MBP for a MB

bennu901

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Today I returned my 13 inch MBP in exchange for a gold MB. Before i bought my mbp I was trying to make due with an iPad pro as my main cpu and it just wasn't cutting it, so saturday i went to apple and decided to pick up a mbp. I kept it all of 14 hours before I exchanged it. Tbh I really like the mbp the touch bar was nice it was very snappy, but I kept asking myself will this really be portable enough, are there going to be days were I didn't want to take it out of the house and carry it around while I knock doors to sell life insurance, I didn't want to end up keeping a 1900$ device in the house that I bought for the sole purpose of taking it everywhere I go just because it had became a hassle to tote around . Something in my gut said give the mb a try it may be all that you need so I did just that. So far I've only had it around 8 hours but I can say that I really love the size of it, its so light and quiet. Ive been taking it through the paces to see what it can and can't do. Hopefully the m3 version is all I need. I will report back in a week with my findings :)

fourthbase

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Good to hear. It sounds like the MB is perfect for you. I always felt like there was something missing when the Air was the alternative because most people really don't need the performance of the MBP. Now if they could just add a Touch Bar...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on both of your purchases! The good news is you have 13 more days to decide if you made the right choice.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Today I returned my 13 inch MBP in exchange for a gold MB. Before i bought my mbp I was trying to make due with an iPad pro as my main cpu and it just wasn't cutting it, so saturday i went to apple and decided to pick up a mbp. I kept it all of 14 hours before I exchanged it.

At the end of the day, you have to be happy with what you purchased. Even if that means returning something 3 times. The Macbook is not my personal favourite but many love it for it's size and lightness. Hope you enjoy your new Macbook. I think the M3 version should be fine if you doing normal day to day things :)

So far I've only had it around 8 hours but I can say that I really love the size of it, its so light and quiet.

Well, it's got no fans, so it's dead quite haha. It's definitely one of the lightest laptops i have ever picked up :D Looking forward to you feedback next week.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I was worried about the performance of the MacBook as well as the lack of ports. I'd be interested in knowing how you like it. I stuck with the MacBook Pro for performance and ports. Although I have the 2015 MacBook Pro. I didn't go for the 2016 model. The 13 inch was the perfect size for me. The 15 would have been too big for my needs and portability needs.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Nice. Mine's worked out better than expected. I have last generation 15" Retina and feel how often I choose the 12" MacBook says something about it.

I do have M5 version and often run a Windows VM same time I run Mac apps but M3 seems fine for the needs of many. I provision that to my users, and buy other devices with that CPU. Lots of times I feel people are just talking nonsense when they discuss how much performances is needed. I'm used to the IT admin side where I measure what's needed, and I don't think many realize CPUs and other performance improves with time.

On ports, that's not been the issue I thought it might be. I need the port real estate via being a systems/network engineer and one Apple 3 port dongle has been fine. Compatibility has been perfect to the extent physical Ethernet and USB to serial adapter have always worked.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I replaced an older MB with the 2015 12" MBr when it came out and have been very happy with it. Using it for what it's designed for, it works very well.

The keyboard is fine as far as I'm concerned, though a lot of people aren't happy with it. The 2016 version will drive a 4K monitor, and various docks and dongles while expand the utility, if desired.

Something light and portable with a Retina display was all I wanted and the MBr has worked out very well. I do miss the illuminated Apple though.

bennu901

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
update: my wife came home looked at the smaller MacBook and said" why did you return the pro it wasn't that much bigger". I responded" true but this is extremely light" ,so she picked it up and looked at me like "really"? lol then she asked" what was the price difference" and I told her 400$. Then she asked what did the extra 400 dollars get me and I named the specs and after saying them out loud I came to the conclusion that she was right. 1299$ vs 1699{education discount} I get the touchbar which is cool as **** ill explain later ,1.1 m3 vs 2.9 I5 , Touch ID and more of a future proof device.Needless to say I returned it first thing Monday mourning and I spent all Monday and today carrying around my MacBook Pro and if I had to give each a number portability wise the MB would be a 10 and the MBP would be a 7. I think I was overreacting about the size on my first purchase, I can say with confidence the MBP is here to stay. Ive been playing with it and using it for work the last 2 days and I can't stay off of it , despite what people say the touchbar is a real joy once you find the practical uses for it. All and all if the MB was 999 or 1099$ I think that would have made me keeping it a whole lot easier.

anon(8910885)

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm considering upgrading my Air in the near future, but I can say that I'm with you on the MbP 2016 on price and usability. I returned mine within 48 hours. It's a nice laptop but not cutting it with the price tag. I decided that Mbp 2016 is not the version I want to upgrade to given frequent bugs on the machine itself, touch bar, low battery life, and ridiculous price. Macbook on the other hand is a great all around laptop, I would consider it if I don't have an Air already. But I'll be waiting until the second gen MbP to upgrade to - I definitely need the horsepower of MbP for running bootcamp and do 3D design work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR