Opinions on the 12-inch MacBook?

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Depends on what you will be using it for and your personal preference. The MacBook is a good bit slimmer than the Pro so it's easier to carry around. The Pro has more ports, a more traditional keyboard, better FaceTime camera and serious processing power for involved tasks.

Malek Yamout

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Depends on what you will be using it for and your personal preference. The MacBook is a good bit slimmer than the Pro so it's easier to carry around. The Pro has more ports, a more traditional keyboard, better FaceTime camera and serious processing power for involved tasks.

Would you recommend the pro or the MacBook for school students?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Would you recommend the pro or the MacBook for school students?

Another MacBook decision thread, eh?

The answer is the same as it has been: Both models are great for students. They're both plenty powerful to run anything a typical student would like. The deciding factor is whether you or your parents would like to spend the extra money for a Pro with a little more power.

Malek Yamout

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Another MacBook decision thread, eh?

The answer is the same as it has been: Both models are great for students. They're both plenty powerful to run anything a typical student would like. The deciding factor is whether you or your parents would like to spend the extra money for a Pro with a little more power.

Omg I hope no one would notice, but I'm gonna buy a MacBook and it's gonna last me 6 years so I need as much info as possible

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Omg I hope no one would notice, but I'm gonna buy a MacBook and it's gonna last me 6 years so I need as much info as possible

I get it, but we are essentially just repeating the same information. Perhaps a better approach would be to ask additional questions within of your existing threads so users who respond know what's already been discussed and can built on those thoughts.

Malek Yamout

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I get it, but we are essentially just repeating the same information. Perhaps a better approach would be to ask additional questions within of your existing threads so users who respond know what's already been discussed and can built on those thoughts.

With the MacBook Pro the only compromise is the portability (along with speakers that aren't as great as the macbook) and with the new skylake processors in gonna get an hour better battery life then the MacBook, but I'm leaving Dubai and going back to Lebanon mid of June so I can guarantee that the MacBook Pro 2016 will not come out in time before I leave, unless you know how long it will take to ship to Lebanon?

Malek Yamout

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Also I'm hearing bad rumors about the new MacBook Pro such as: It will feature USB-C (which means bye bye MagSafe) touch-sensitive trackpad, and won't release until the last quarter of this year, should I just buy the 2015 MacBook Pro, will that satisfy my needs in terms of sleek and battery life?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Also I'm hearing bad rumors about the new MacBook Pro such as: It will feature USB-C (which means bye bye MagSafe) touch-sensitive trackpad, and won't release until the last quarter of this year, should I just buy the 2015 MacBook Pro, will that satisfy my needs in terms of sleek and battery life?

I have a late 2013 that is getting me through my last semester of grad school right now. It does everything that I need it to do and more. It's sleek and I have zero issues with battery life.
Although I don't have an issue with USB-C it doesn't hold a candle to the convenience of the MagSafe connector on my MacBook Pro. Furthermore, my kids have a tendency to trip on the cord, which comes right off and doesn't take my notebook down with it.
I really don't think you'll be disappointed with any MacBook you choose. If sleekness and battery life are ultimately the most important then go with a MacBook. Everything has a give and a take.

Malek Yamout

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a late 2013 that is getting me through my last semester of grad school right now. It does everything that I need it to do and more. It's sleek and I have zero issues with battery life.
Although I don't have an issue with USB-C it doesn't hold a candle to the convenience of the MagSafe connector on my MacBook Pro. Furthermore, my kids have a tendency to trip on the cord, which comes right off and doesn't take my notebook down with it.
I really don't think you'll be disappointed with any MacBook you choose. If sleekness and battery life are ultimately the most important then go with a MacBook. Everything has a give and a take.

I guess I'm gonna buy the 2015 MacBook Pro, I mean it does have great battery life and good SSD speeds, I guess I'm just being greedy and wanting the best performance I could get, I won't be disappointed with the 2015 MacBook Pro right? I mean if the 2016 MacBook Pro won't have anything major then I'm fine with the 2015 model, but if there is a major design change or like a major increase in battery life or something then I guess I'll have to buy the 2016 model in Lebanon where it takes ages to ship. I just wish  release the 2016 version in a March like any other year, that would have been perfect

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

The "last quarter" could be Q4 of Apple's fiscal year which ends in September. So July-Sept. That is a hunch.

One cool feature I read it may have is TouchID which would be awesome. Still, with the prices the 2015 are at (and will be at) the extra cash in your pocket is nice.

Malek Yamout

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I think your right about not getting too caught up with having a Retina display, I might buy the MacBook Air cause my mom keeps complaining about the price, do you know if the air will get an update (even if it's just a processor update) on WWDC?

Eumaeus

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
In recent years, for complicated (but fun) reasons, I have used, extensively, recent versions of:

11" MBA
13" MBA
13" MBP

(all of these at the maxed configuration)

I am now using the (2015) 12" rMB, and it is _easily_ my favorite computer of all of them. I do software development (JVM languages… Java, Groovy, Scala), lots of testing, and lots of writing. I also use it for Lightroom when traveling. The size, weight, and screen make me love it. The battery life is just fine. I have never missed whatever speed I gave up when I traded in the 13" MBP.

I still have the 13" Air. When I pick it up, it feels like the old Wallstreet Powebook G3 (the cool, black plastic one that was thick as a sofa cushion).

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
With months of use behind me I say it's a super product. It may not be for everyone but its a wonderful tool for my work and personal interests. Its everything I need as an enterprise admin and great for my active lifestyle.

ramirez11

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
It work great, I personally have the macbook air and I love it. A good amount of my friends have the macbook. The processor is amazing along with the light weight is perfect, depends entirely on what you need it for.

JSSmith83

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm really thinking a macbook might be my next laptop purchase. I have a rmbp 2013 right now, but I'm really wanting a new toy. I'm debating between this and the new pro, but the portiblity with this machine is awesome. However, I do like to put movies together, so I might be leaning towards the new pro when the price drops

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods