Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default How can I move over my data from my Dell Inspiron to my New Macbook?

Just got my first Mac, the new 12 inch Macbook, I would like to know what the easiest way to move my data from my Dell Inspiron to my new Macbook? Easier the better, I am not that great with electronics.

Default Re: How can I move over my data from my Dell Inspiron to my New Macbook?

What kind of data? If you have photos, music, videos, and files, you can simply upload the data to Dropbox or a similar cloud service and then download it to your new MacBook. If you're referring to email accounts, calendars, notes, reminders, etcetera, then configure your MacBook with the account(s) the aforementioned information is associated with.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: How can I move over my data from my Dell Inspiron to my New Macbook?

Migration assistance should have been an option when initially setup your MacBook.
    iMore Intermediate

Migration assistant or using them in the same network with shared folders