Too bad they killed the glowing logo on the new Macbook

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Honestly never really paid it much attention. It was a cool feature, but not a deciding factor in the purchase.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Just another way to cheapen out the device.

All in the way you perceive cheapness.... I personally think the apple logo not lighting up isn't cheap at all. It's like cars with the underglow lights. Some like it some think it's cheesy. Personally I think most things that "light up" makes it look cheaper

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus

Last edited:

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing the new, super thin display panel and case just couldn't support the glowing logo.

Hmm... I find it quite odd, it is just only a hair thinner and a pound lighter than the current macbook air. But it is okay, it is still a neat macbook despite that; I really like the gold. Gold might become the color of 2015. :)

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
So many minus points (using cheaper parts) and still this new MacBook is far from being a "bargain buy" :coffee:

could be because the screen is a (costly) engineering mastepriece, or because the terraced battery is a brand new implementation that certainly costs more money in production than the standardised battery. Or because of the new force touch tech under the trackpad. I could go on.
Let's not be this simplistic about the price.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I am looking at the other side of the screen - the one with the apps, websites and movies on it.

Wait are you saying that is the correct way to use your computer!? No wonder I've been getting strange looks every time I use my computer in public!

Sent from my Golden Apple Six

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods