Too bad they killed the glowing logo on the new Macbook

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's totally unacceptable, at least from my point of view.

You're basing your label of "unacceptable" on a near pointless processor benchmark? LOL!

Your point of view is an uneducated one considering how computers are actually used, something that these benchmarks barely define, even in a simple "Optimal scenario" sense. Also considering the type of processor that is in this computer.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Seriously people are upset about this, i am glad its gone on my rMP, you can't see it anyway and glad its not glowing when using out and about.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I love glowing logo ;)

People can call me cheesy, but that glowing logo, is the 1st thing that makes me think "macbook is so cool, really nice looking, and I want that"

And after that, others advantages just follow

The main point is, that glowing logo, is the 1st step, which makes me attracted to macbook ;)

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I love glowing logo ;)

People can call me cheesy, but that glowing logo, is the 1st thing that makes me think "macbook is so cool, really nice looking, and I want that"

And after that, others advantages just follow

The main point is, that glowing logo, is the 1st step, which makes me attracted to macbook ;)

I could not agree more. That glowing logo is iconic.

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Gotta say, for me, I can't stand the logo lighting up on my rMBP, and am looking for a case I like that can cover it up. I just think it is obnoxious and sends, in my opinion, a message about my opinion of Apple laptops that is not true (that being I am some how superior). Again, my opinion, but I'd rather not advertise that I have a rMBP, I bought it for me, not as a silly status thing. That said, I did not buy a new rMB last week, and I did buy a new rMBP, and that decision had nothing to do with the silly logo lighting up or not. One fits my use case, one does not.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Gotta say, for me, I can't stand the logo lighting up on my rMBP, and am looking for a case I like that can cover it up. I just think it is obnoxious and sends, in my opinion, a message about my opinion of Apple laptops that is not true (that being I am some how superior). Again, my opinion, but I'd rather not advertise that I have a rMBP, I bought it for me, not as a silly status thing. That said, I did not buy a new rMB last week, and I did buy a new rMBP, and that decision had nothing to do with the silly logo lighting up or not. One fits my use case, one does not.

It's not a big deal to me whether or not the Apple logo is illuminated. However, it is a branding thing, and something that the Mac laptops have done for a very long time. It does make the laptop stand out in a crowd - and I see that more as an Apple brand promotion rather than me showing off. It has always been somewhat iconic.

However, seeing as how it's an Apple branding thing and an Apple decision not to put it on the new rMB, its a moot point.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
It's not a big deal to me whether or not the Apple logo is illuminated. However, it is a branding thing, and something that the Mac laptops have done for a very long time. It does make the laptop stand out in a crowd - and I see that more as an Apple brand promotion rather than me showing off. It has always been somewhat iconic.

However, seeing as how it's an Apple branding thing and an Apple decision not to put it on the new rMB, its a moot point.

I think I'll start a petition to ensure Apple does not remove the glowing logo from the MacBook Pro. . . . I figure all I need is about 1,000,000 or so signatures.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I think I'll start a petition to ensure Apple does not remove the glowing logo from the MacBook Pro. . . . I figure all I need is about 1,000,000 or so signatures.

If you need some guidance on how to get the petition off the ground, talk to some of the folks over at CrackBerry. They have petitions for everything, mostly trying to influence app developers to support BlackBerry devices. Be aware though, every one of these petition efforts has been a failure in terms of getting what they wanted.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
If you need some guidance on how to get the petition off the ground, talk to some of the folks over at CrackBerry. They have petitions for everything, mostly trying to influence app developers to support BlackBerry devices. Be aware though, every one of these petition efforts has been a failure in terms of getting what they wanted.

Well . . . there goes any level of confidence I had. :crying:

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I actually like the apple not lighting up. It doesn't do anything for my wife on her MacBook Pro. We never even see it unless it's closed. The apple looks good on my space grey macbook👍🏻

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I somewhat miss the logo, but it was something that I didn't really pay attention to begin with. The "iPhone" like logo is actually very nice and looks sleek and sophisticated on this machine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh